The Anime Season So Far :)

あ、もう!元気になりたいんだ!;。; あのドイツ試験が月。。。やだ。。。

So, I've started watching some of the "Fall Anime," along with some other anime I've missed out on over the summer and earlier. Now that I'm in college, I have a lot more time to marathon series(it's funny that the word "marathon" can be used in such a way >.>)

I've found most of them to be pretty good, even "Toradora!"

I'm really not used to the "school life comedy" series, and was surprized by the "depth" of the episode. I really kind of expected a girl jumping around blushing and screaming, "うるさい!" Which there was, of course, but it was...like...funny... >///< style="font-style: italic;">

Eve no Jikan; Sammy (a.k.a. part 2)

God, I love Yasuhiro Yoshiura. Him, and Makoto Shinkai. Seriously the best Independent Directors in Japan(if not the best directors, period). Too bad Yoshiura-san is far less well-known, but hopefully that will change when people start to realize his epic-ness. I guess his name is kind of hard to remember, though...
Even though I compare the two, Yoshiura-san's work is much deeper(in the case of Eve no Jikan) and sometimes darker(as in the under-appreciated Pale Cocoon). This anime mini-series really strikes something deep, despite it's "robots with individuality" theme. And the art is just another bonus, in addition to the (can't think of a proper adjective) BGM. This anime...why aren't there more like this?? <<<スーパrecommended, yah!>>>

Hakushaku to Yousei
(EARL! and Fairy...I stand by my translation, lol... but "count" does sound cool...-///-)

I had to watch this in Raw form, because nobody has finished subbing it and I was bored. So, I got most of what was happening, but they just talk so fast sometimes.
Anyway- It's pretty good for a Shoujo-anime, without too much sparkle-sparkle. I almost expected the comedy stylings of Ouran KouKou for a second, then realized this was a SERIOUS shoujo...heheh. But, sparkle aside, the visuals(the clocktower, YES) and the characters are original enough to keep watching. I would recommend it! (clocktower....hmmmm, かっこいじゃ。。。)

Bounen no Xamdou(Xam'd; Lost Memories)

すげ!ちょうすげ!I love this anime! The visuals, the characters, the Ghibli-like universe and animation, the opening Epitaph, the opening MUSIC! I swear, I have testosterone sunning through me right now! *begins to undertand fight scenes in shounen manga* I just got so pumped watching this! I can't beleive I could be watching this on the PS3 if I wasn't poor! Damn you, Sony! Aughhh, this is one of the anime that brings thousands of people to conventions and makes 30-year-olds bring home mecha-models in opaque plastic bags! *calms down* Ok. Watch this. Then watch Eve no Jikan, to calm you down before you hurt your fist after slamming it on your desk repeatedly.

That's it for this season's anime, but I have been catching up;

Soul Eater
- Like D. Gray-Man(the manga, of course) on Crack. Or more like LSD. And, gasp, a female lead I don't hate? And a very original voice-acting cast. Episode one, and I'm hooked. パン。。。キン!

Natsume Yuujinchou
- When I first heard the title, I translated it subconsciously in my mind as "natsume's friend-butterfly"...yeah, anyway, I followed my nose after hearing the word Mushishi and was not dissapointed. It is really nothing like Mushishi, but in a good way; it's a so-far light-hearted anime, with a touching storyline that's not overdone at all. And the Maneki-neko-youkai. Yeah, I'll probably finish this before the second season's subs come out (screw studying for German! I have other languages to "brush up on").

Gurren Lagann - Despite the AWESOMENESS of this series, I am having a hard time catching up. I love the characters, but alot of the series so far is made up of filler-like episodes. But I guess it's worth it to watch the ending theme. The part with the close-up of Simon's face and the clouds...so cool! -is a sucker for cool visuals-

[オレを誰だと思ってやがる! >:D]

As for Junjou Romantica...I'm no hater of Shounen-ai(Kyou Kara Maoh was pretty funny...), but COME. ON. My god, they have mansex in the SECOND EPISODE. And I don't think I'm supposed to be laughing when the main character is crying...Really, point me to a GOOD Yaoi, and I'll watch it, but...I really don't think one EXISTS. (Yes, I tried to read Loveless. TRIED.) If it doesn't get better in the next episode, It's gettin' dropped.

0 Comments: